Want to up your ultrasound game… Attend the point of care ultrasound for the nephrologist pre-course at the NKF Spring Clinical Meeting in Orlando, FL April 18 2017
click here to register
The nephrology consultant needs knowledge of lung ultrasound to determine volume status, renal and bladder ultrasound to evaluate for obstruction and knowledge of vascular access guidance to assist in placement of catheters. This course will focus on the above elements in point of care ultrasonography.
- Image acquisition will be practiced on human models using high-quality ultrasound machines and supervised by experienced faculty. Training sessions give you practical, hands-on training with a 1:3 teacher-to-learner ratio, so you benefit from personal instruction.
- Image interpretation during group sessions under the supervision of experienced faculty members offers relevant practice. Numerous ultrasound images demonstrating normal and pathologic findings will give you a comprehensive learning opportunity. As you improve your skills, you will be further challenged with unknowns and case-based image sets.
- Knowledge base will be enhanced with lectures that focus on important aspects of point of care ultrasonography applicable to the renal consultant. Discussions will have immediate application within your practice.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss how to perform lung ultrasonography and ultrasonography of the renal system.
- Identify appropriate uses of ultrasonography in renal practice.
- Demonstrate appropriate image acquisition techniques required for renal ultrasonography.
- Interpret image-based clinical cases to help identify abnormalities.