1) Topiramate – Watch for non-gap acidosis, nephrolithiasis and hyperammonemia.
2) Jak2 – the intracellular kinase activated by the binding of Epo to the Epo receptor.
3) Live vaccines are contraindicated in kidney transplant recipients – these include MMR, Varicella, Yellow fever and BCG.
4) Liddle’s, the opposite of Pseudohypoaldosteronism Type I – Gitelman’s, the opposite of Pseudohypoaldosteronism Type II (also known as Gordon’s syndrome).
5) Myeloma cast nephropathy – distal intratubular casts, Light Chain Fanconi Syndrome – proximal intracellular crystals.